Looking for a way to optimize your ecommerce website? Here are 6 effective tips to help you optimize ecommerce websites!
Optimizing an ecommerce website is not that different from optimizing an ordinary website, however, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
Optimizing a website usually includes 2 different stages:
- Analyzing and planning out each web page so that Google and other search engines can understand what your content is all about
- Using links from other trusted and relevant websites back to your site.
If you can complete these two stages it can lead to your site ranking higher in Google and other search engines and generating new traffic and increased number of customers.
The main problem with the ecommerce websites is that they include hundreds and sometimes thousands of products and the product descriptions are usually generic and basic, taken from the manufacturer website or brochure.
If you want to optimize your ecommerce store and run a successful website, you have to expand these descriptions. In other words, you need to be more creative and use keywords that are relevant to your business and to the products you are presenting. The descriptions should be short, informative, detailed, and creative.
Here are a few tips that will help you optimize your ecommerce store:
- Build, create, and maintain a clear, clean, and uniform site structure. The web pages, especially the home page should promote the products you are selling and convince visitors to purchase them.
- Each product page should have its own special and unique title. One of the most important areas of optimisation is the title. There are products that are very similar and if you use a unique title for each of them, the visitor and the search engines will be able to differentiate them.
- Choose an appropriate and relevant keyword for every web page.
- Create a visible navigation structure which will help customers find their way to the products they are looking for. Our advice is to create a Breadcrumb navigation that looks something like: Home>Furniture>Tables>Wood Tables> Brown Wood Tables
- Optimize all photos by adding ALT Tags and using relevant keywords. The ALT Tag is an alternative text that Google and other search engines can read.
- Generate a XML Sitemap which helps search engine robots locate and index your web pages.
By using these tips you will optimize your ecommerce site and improve the rankings in Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
— picksaas (@picksaas) 14 de junio de 2017
Here you can see more articles about E-commerce Solution Click